An Exploration on Sound & Storytelling
Dates: 3pm Saturdays, 23rd Jan - 27th Mar
[RADIOPHONICS] is a project about sound & storytelling, examining the history of radio and how certain technologies allow us to create new metaphors and therefore new fictions.
Suitable for Children 10+, Young People and Adults
NOTE: You do not need to have participated in previous sessions in order to collaborate in this final episode, but scripts and references will be taken from previous episodes and therefore some knowledge from the project will guarantee an enhanced experience and understanding.
Participants will learn about how the use of live sound effects synchronised with text can enhance storytelling, and they will examine how this is produced in radio, cinema & theatre. Radiophonics offers tools & tips to learn to listen in new ways, build narratives by simply listening to create your own foley art.
EVA COLLINS ALONSO works in theatre production roles in Norway, Spain & the UK. She tours with theatre companies and creates her own work in the fields of theatre, comedy and surveillance art. Eva experiments with modes of storytelling by using cassettes, lamps, mics, video cameras, colour gels, light and sound interfaces
Facebook: Eva Collins Alonso
Youtube: Eva Collins Alonso
- EP01: History of Sound Design & Foley ArtSat, Jan 23Video stream on www.wereallbats.co.uk
- EP02: A Practical Workshop on Foley ArtSat, Jan 30Live Zoom session
- EP03: History of Radio and the History of FoleySat, Feb 06Video stream www.wereallbats.co.uk
- EP04: A Practical Workshop on Creating Stories & Sounds (Live SessionSat, Feb 13Zoom
- EP05: The Futurists' Exploration on Sound at the start of the XX CenturySat, Feb 20Video stream on www.wereallbats.co.uk
- EP06: Collaboration to make a short Radio Show / Podcast (Live & Participatory Session)Sat, Feb 27Zoom