An Exploration of Sound & Storytelling
Dates: 5pm Saturdays, 23rd Jan - 27th Feb
[RADIOPHONICS] is a project about sound & storytelling, examining the history of radio and how certain technologies allow us to create new metaphors and therefore new fictions.
Suitable for Children 10+, Young People and Adults
NOTE: You do not need to have participated in previous sessions in order to collaborate in this final episode, but scripts and references will be taken from previous episodes and therefore some knowledge from the project will guarantee an enhanced experience and understanding.
Participants will learn about how the use of live sound effects synchronised with text can enhance storytelling, and they will examine how this is produced in radio, cinema & theatre. Radiophonics offers tools & tips to learn to listen in new ways, build narratives by simply listening to create your own foley art.
- Sat, 27 FebZoom27 Feb, 17:00 – 18:00ZoomParticipants will learn about how the use of live sound effects synchronised with text can enhance storytelling, and they will examine how this is produced in radio, cinema & theatre. Receive tools & tips to create your own Foley art. Category: [Cultures] // Series: [Radiophonics]
- Sat, 20 FebVideo stream on www.wereallbats.co.uk
- Sat, 06 FebVideo stream www.wereallbats.co.uk
- Sat, 30 JanLive Zoom session
- Sat, 23 JanVideo stream on www.wereallbats.co.uk
EVA COLLINS ALONSO works in theatre production roles in Norway, Spain & the UK. She tours with theatre companies and creates her own work in the fields of theatre, comedy and surveillance art. Eva experiments with modes of storytelling by using cassettes, lamps, mics, video cameras, colour gels, light and sound interfaces
Facebook: Eva Collins Alonso
Youtube: Eva Collins Alonso